It’s our 35th anniversary, and we couldn’t be more excited. To celebrate this milestone, we wanted to take a moment to recognize how much we truly love what we do. So, we came up with a list of 35 reasons why we love working in the staffing and recruiting industry.
1. Our clients’ unique and interesting needs. Every project is different, and we love helping them create the right solution.
2. Our consultants’ incredible skills. Seeing the wide range of expertise our consultants bring to the table never ceases to amaze us.
3. Meeting people from around the world, whether it’s new clients, consultants or our own talented employees. As a global company, there’s always new connections to make.
4. The opportunity to develop not only business relationships, but friendships.
5. The opportunity to constantly learn more about the industries we serve.
6. Participating in charitable events — it’s important for us to serve the local communities where we live and work, and our Oxford Cares program gives us the opportunity to do so.
7. The search for new talent and the thrill of finding the right fit. We pride ourselves on finding the right consultant for the job, and building a team of experts to serve both the needs of the project and the culture of our clients’ businesses.
8. Knowing our talent and the industries we serve. Because we understand the nuances of the types of projects we support, we are uniquely suited to serve the needs of our clients and consultants.
9. The conversation. We value meaningful conversations about organizational objectives and individual career goals so we can help everyone achieve success.
10. Inspiring greatness! We push ourselves and each other to work hard and deliver together.
11. Helping talented individuals find new opportunities to shine and impact project outcomes.
12. Developing relationships — the connections with our consultants and clients go beyond merely working on projects. We get to know them as people and create long-lasting relationships.
13. Attending conferences and events. Learning about the unique needs of businesses from a global perspective and interacting with industry experts face-to-face is invaluable.
14. Building project teams from the ground up to help our clients achieve their goals.
15. Being on the cutting edge of technology. We strive to anticipate the needs of our clients by constantly staying on top of industry trends, and understanding the in-demand skills that businesses need to drive digital transformation.
16. The changeable nature of our work — every day is different.
17. The number of opportunities. According to americanstaffing.net, “more than three million temporary and contract employees work for America’s staffing companies during an average week.” The sheer number of placements always keeps us busy matching consultants to assignments that fit their, and the client's, needs.
18. The growth. More and more people are finding that consulting work is the best fit for them due to the flexibility, opportunity to travel, and other benefits, and we love helping new, highly-skilled talent break into the consulting space.
19. The ability to be strategic. Each project requires a different approach, and we thrive on the challenge of finding the perfect solution.
20. Our teams and the Oxford family. Working with people you enjoy being around is the best part of any job!
21. The hard, rewarding work. The pace is fast but we love learning and being challenged.
22. Making an impact! Helping individuals create a career they can be proud of is one of the most rewarding parts of the job.
23. The longevity of the company — 35 years and going strong.
24. Helping people find their passions. As consultants develop new skills and try new things, they often find their niche, and seeing that click is immensely satisfying.
25. Broad perspectives — everyone comes from a different place and we get to see that uniqueness represented through all of our projects and partnerships.
26. Expanding into new industries and services. As time goes on, we are uniquely positioned to grow and help our clients find solutions to complex new challenges.
27. Learning about new trends — we can’t wait to see where technology takes us next.
28. Our company culture. We work hard, and we celebrate together. From company milestones to individual successes and team goals, we have fun with activities both in and outside the office. This includes our annual President’s Club trip.
29. The talent is out of this world, both internally and externally!
30. Our track record of success. We have been rated by KLAS several times and named as one of Forbes’ best professional recruiting firms twice. Our strength comes from continuing to set new goals and push past them.
31. The opportunity to continue to reimagine our own brand in an industry that is constantly evolving.
32. The incredible growth opportunities internally that come from best-in-class leadership and a growing market need.
33. Having the ability to turn the biggest project goals into realities.
34. Working collaboratively towards the same vision with our colleagues, clients, and consultants.
35. The future. We can’t wait to see what the next 35 years hold for us as a business, for technology, and for the staffing industry!
As we think about the services we provide, we reflect on a quote from Steve Jobs: “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking, don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” Here at Oxford, we love what we do, and we know we’ve found it.